Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Little Vampire=Life Lesson

There once was girl who had a dream(don't we all). This dream was to be a vampire.
Were you expecting that?
I am sure now a days kids dream this more often. You know, because of twilight and all that.
I remember I wanted to be a vampire when I was nine years old. That was back in 2000. The motive? Anna Popplewell in the move "The Little Vampire". See image below.




Ring a bell? If not, I do not blame you. It came out well over 13 years ago, and did relatively okay. However, It still frequently plays on Disney channel during Halloween time. Hence why I thought of it.
Disclaimer; I have an attention span of a fly so bare with me...

Okay, At nine years old I would frequently dream I could whistle for hours(watch the movie) and feed off cows. This is not a joke. I remember pretending to feed off my dog once. My poor grandmother was horrified.

See this is wayyyy before Twilight came around. This was when vampires were bats, wore aristocrat clothing, and could only come out at night. There was no love story either. The movie was mostly about a friendship between a human boy and a vampire. And let me tell you these vampires were perfectly fine being vampires. They were proud rather then morally wounded...*cough *cough Edward Cullen.
So here I was this little girl running around at night pretending to be a vampire, not a princess. Years later this makes a lot of sense, but I remember the idea was scary even then. I knew my friends would think I was weird so I never mentioned my little bloody secret.

Now that I am older (21 to be exact) I have come to realize being immortal would absolutely suck. I would have to watch my love ones die around me. I can tell you from experience watching death is not a memory I want to live with for millions of years.

Is it wrong that I wanted to be vampire? Maybe...I mean they do kill things, but I had the right idea. Being a princess is never going to happen for most of the kids out there today. I know that sounds harsh, but it doesn't have to be. The truth is women have grown up believing if they are beautiful and nice(which most of us are not) then we will meet a handsome prince one day and he will take care of us.

Ummmm.....lame???!!!!!

I for one, never wanted a man to take care of me. I still take my boyfriend out to dinners just as much as he takes me out. We equally pay for rent. I am not saying I think all women should be like this, but I think all women should face that this could happen. And its not a bad thing!

When you come from little money you dream of having more. Its just natural. All humans want what they do not have. Well what if movies stopped making women think that someone else will always solve their problems with money? Money sucks!!!!! I do not need to give the details, but money ruins your life in many ways. I know that we all need money, we all need to live. Getting nice clothes and a Bentley is not needed! It means nothing!!! I have watched people die in front of me. You know what was next to them? Not their nice mansions or yachts. Their family....the people who they touched in their lives.

The feeling of being independent, laughter, worthiness...those are worth more than gold. I know it all sounds cliche, but I am so sick of watching women gravel over men with money. Recently I had to listen to a girl talk about the ring she might be getting from her boyfriend soon. She went on and on about the carat size and the history of it. Not once did she mention the love and meaning behind the ring. Talk about depressing...

Look this all can be argued. I am sure someone with a college degree could find some way to nitpick at this comment, but IDGAF! Women please make your girls watch movies like "Brave" or "The Little Vampire". Make them watch the "Color of Friendship" or something. DO NOT let them grow up the way we did. Let them know every day that there is a big wide world filled with so much more than materials. Memories are what last...fire burns all objects.

They will thank you for it one day...even after they throw a fit that they cannot where a slutty Halloween costume.

Back to me being a blood sucker...I am glad that was my dream. I wanted to be different. I wanted to break a mold. I just wish I had the guts to tell my friends. I still do not know if I am any closer to becoming the independent, not scared of anything, confident vampire...but I am sure as hell trying. I will not give up until I have made everyone realize I am no ordinary girl. I am weird, I am sarcastic, I am loyal, I am passionate, and I am my own person.

The Little Vampire may have been my muse then, but it is most definitely not now. I have real life muses now. People who let me be weird all day everyday, and they love me.

So next time you come across a child hood movie that once moved you. Stop and think about why it did just that. And then let everyone know. Tell everyone that loves you why you loved that movie. See what they have to say. Maybe they will think you are a risk taker, or maybe they will think you are just like every other  girl out there. Regardless, you will feel better, and you will start in the direction of a new life. Unless you dreamed you were Pocahontas, cause then you will have to live on a reservation and I heard that's really difficult to get into unless your related...

No comments:

Post a Comment